Crispy Uzhunnu vada is a perfect snack for evening tea. It is also a popular South Indian breakfast dish,usually served with coconut chutney.
2 cup urad dal, soaked in water for 5-6 hrs
1 finely chopped onion
3 green chillies, chopped
small piece ginger, finely chopped
few curry leaves, chopped
3/4-1 tsp pepper powder
1-2 tbsp rice powder
oil for frying
- Grind urad dal with salt by adding few drops of water into thick batter.
- Transfer it into a bowl and add onion, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, pepper powder and rice powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan in medium flame.
- Wet your palms with water, take little batter and make a ball. Place it on the palm, flatten it and make a hole in the centre.
- Drop this slowly in the hot oil and fry till golden brown. Serve this with chutney.
i luv uzhunnu vadas!n urs luks scrumptious!!!
Nice uzhunnu vada Shabna…
plz include fried rice and vegitable and chicken pulaav………..i m waiting shabuuu……………………………achu
Hi Achu, thanks for the suggestions.
I have fried rice in my draft, will be posting here soon….
will try to add veg and chicken pulav soon..
thanks for visiting my blog… 🙂
thank u shabu
uzhunnuvadayil bakingsoda cherkunundo?plzzz replyyy……..naanu
I don't add baking soda for uzhunnuvada, but you can add 1/4 tsp baking soda (optional) for softness..