Recipe,thanks to my dear friend Thahseen from USA.
400 gms boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
5-8 green chillies,chopped
2 1/2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
8-10 garlic cloves, chopped
2 medium onion, chopped
2 medium green capsicums, seeded cut into thick strips
2 tbsp red chilli sauce
1 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp vinegar
salt to taste
- Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Add half the cornflour, salt, crushed black peppercorns, egg and mix.
- Add a little dark soy sauce and mix.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces till golden. Take care not to overcook. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in another pan and add garlic and saute for half a minute. Add green chillies and continue to saute.
- Then add onion, green capsicums and saute.Stir in the remaining dark soy sauce and red chilli sauce.
- Add a little chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Then add fried chicken pieces to the pan and toss.
- Blend the remaining cornflour in a little stock. Add this blended cornflour to the pan and mix.Check salt and cook for a minute. Add vinegar and stir. The starter is ready.
- If we want to make it a gravy, add some more stock and let it come to a boil and then serve hot.