250 gm mushroom
1 tsp pepper powder
4 tbsp plain flour ( maida)
2 big onions, finely chopped
3 green chillies, chopped into small pieces
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 small capsicum
few curry leaves
1 tsp soy sauce
1-2 tsp chilli sauce
2 tsp cornflour
2 -2 1/2 tsp tomato sauce
red colour (optional)
1 cup stock
1/2 tsp sugar
- First step is to prepare the stock. For this we need to cook 2 or 3 mushrooms and 1 tbsp finely chopped onion by adding 1 cup of water and pepper powder in a pressure cooker for 2 whistle.
- Cut each mushroom into two pieces and marinate it with pepper powder and salt for 30 minutes.
- Add egg and plain flour into the marinated mushroom and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated mushroom till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat oil in another pan and saute chopped onion, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, capsicum and curry leaves.
- Add stock from step (1) to step (5). When it boils, stir in sugar, chilli sauce,tomato sauce and soy sauce, mix well.
- Make a paste of cornflour by adding little water .Now add this paste to the pan and boil. Adjust the salt.
- When the gravy starts thickening, add fried mushroom (from step 4) and mix well.Switch off the flame when the gravy reaches the required thickness. Serve hot.