Crispy Uzhunnu vada is a perfect snack for evening tea. It is also a popular South Indian breakfast dish,usually served with coconut chutney.
2 cup urad dal, soaked in water for 5-6 hrs
1 finely chopped onion
3 green chillies, chopped
small piece ginger, finely chopped
few curry leaves, chopped
3/4-1 tsp pepper powder
1-2 tbsp rice powder
oil for frying
- Grind urad dal with salt by adding few drops of water into thick batter.
- Transfer it into a bowl and add onion, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, pepper powder and rice powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan in medium flame.
- Wet your palms with water, take little batter and make a ball. Place it on the palm, flatten it and make a hole in the centre.
- Drop this slowly in the hot oil and fry till golden brown.Serve this with chutney.