I got the recipe for this simple and yummy thoran from here…I used canned tender jackfruit for preparing this thoran.
1 can / 1 small tender jackfruit
1/4 cup grated coconut
1-2 garlic cloves
1 tsp ginger chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
4 dry red chillies
1 tsp turmeric powder
- Drain the water from the can and rinse the jackfruit pieces in water. Shred the pieces with pestle or pulse in a food processor or mixer. If you are using fresh tender jackfruit, cook it with little turmeric powder and salt adding water. Drain the water and shred the pieces and keep aside.
- Crush the shallots, garlic and dry red chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds , add curry leaves and chopped ginger and saute for a minute.
- Then add the crushed mixture and salt and saute well.
- Add the shredded jackfruit and turmeric powder and saute for few minutes.
- Now add the grated coconut and mix well. Stir fry for few minutes till dry..Adjust the salt.Serve hot with rice…