I got the recipe for this simple and yummy thoran from here…I used canned tender jackfruit for preparing this thoran.
1 can / 1 small tender jackfruit
1/4 cup grated coconut
1-2 garlic cloves
1 tsp ginger chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
4 dry red chillies
1 tsp turmeric powder
- Drain the water from the can and rinse the jackfruit pieces in water. Shred the pieces with pestle or pulse in a food processor or mixer. If you are using fresh tender jackfruit, cook it with little turmeric powder and salt adding water. Drain the water and shred the pieces and keep aside.
- Crush the shallots, garlic and dry red chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds , add curry leaves and chopped ginger and saute for a minute.
- Then add the crushed mixture and salt and saute well.
- Add the shredded jackfruit and turmeric powder and saute for few minutes.
- Now add the grated coconut and mix well. Stir fry for few minutes till dry..Adjust the salt.Serve hot with rice…
Sending to Kerala Kitchen Event hosted by Julie @ Erivum Puliyum
sounds very interesting.. yummy yum..
Hi Shabna, sound delicious and looks so perfect.
My Grandmom makes this thoran similar way, sounds very delicious…inviting click!!
Hi Shabbu ,
thoran looks delicious and
nice presentation Shabbu 🙂
Keep it up…
looks so delicious and perfect…
nice and delicious thoran…
Yummyyyy, one of my fav thoran 🙂 Nice pics dear..
On Going Event EP Series Basil or Cardamom @Cook-Ezee
Very delicious n yummy thoran:-)
Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)
2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom
Never tasted this ..looks delicious and something different.
wow yummy…..reminds me kerala.
Idichakka thoran looks delicious.
never tried but one of my fav… looks yummy
yummy looking thoran.
Woww!! Last week my mom told she cooked this.. Miss it a lot..
What a fantastic seasonal food! Looks yummy as always
tempting and looks delicious:)
Delicious Thoran..Like it a lot.
Thanks for visiting my space..you have an interesting space here.
Looks wonderful one of my fav ways to have jack fruit
wonderful looking thoran.. delicious
very delicious thoran…never cooked anything with jack fruit..i wish i could have some
yummy n delicious thoran….
Simply inviting and delicious thoran.
Hi Shabbu ,
One request Shabbu , in my blog , you have to click cabbage curry URL.
It'll go to Lavanya's recipe 's guest post.
There you have to drop your comment for my guest post Shabbu .
Thank you , Keep on…
shabbu,nice presentation,beautiful click.