1/2 kg squid /koonthal
2 medium onions, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2 green chillies
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2-3 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp garammasala
1-2 pinch of fennel powder (optional)
2-3 tbsp oil
- Clean and cut the squid into pieces or rings.
- Marinate it with 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt and keep for half an hour.
- Heat little oil in a pan and cook the marinated squid for about 5 minutes and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil ,add sliced onions and saute it until light brown.
- Then add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Now add 1-2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, garam masala, pepper powder and fennel powder and fry for few minutes.
- Add cooked squid, mix well and roast it in medium heat for about 10 minutes. Check salt and adjust the spice level according to your taste…Remove from fire and serve hot….