1/2 kg squid /koonthal
2 medium onions, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2 green chillies
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2-3 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp garammasala
1-2 pinch of fennel powder (optional)
2-3 tbsp oil
- Clean and cut the squid into pieces or rings.
- Marinate it with 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt and keep for half an hour.
- Heat little oil in a pan and cook the marinated squid for about 5 minutes and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil ,add sliced onions and saute it until light brown.
- Then add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Now add 1-2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, garam masala, pepper powder and fennel powder and fry for few minutes.
- Add cooked squid, mix well and roast it in medium heat for about 10 minutes. Check salt and adjust the spice level according to your taste…Remove from fire and serve hot….
Sending to Kerala Kitchen Event hosted by Julie @ Erivum Puliyum
wow….yummy n tempting…my fav but never tried at home….can u pls post the cleaning procedure for squid?Will be helpful if u do so…thanks for sharing…
Looks so yummy..never tried making squid at home..looks delicious.
Yummy…..mouth watering dish…..looks awesome…
yummy n delicious roast…….
looks very delicious..
Great recipe and so yummy!
very yum and delicious..
yummy and delicious…
wow that looks so tempting…thanks for sharing
Looks so delicious and yummy.
Hi Shabbu .
looks aaaawesome and spicy !!!
Keep on Shabbu:)))
Slurp,mouthwatering here..super tempting roast.
This looks yummy
Participate n Win Rs.1000/- worth Soulflower Gift Voucher Giveaway
wow,mouthwatering..loved this roast!!
Thanx for linking dear:-)
Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)
2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom
Koonthal roast looks delicious.
looks so inviting.
– Meg'S Delicious Adventures
Mouthwatering dish! Looks so inviting.
Delicious curry http://www.cookingatmayflower.blogspot.com
nice posting.. thanks for sharing.
tried this and it was yummy….thankuu..