1/2 cup red beans/ vanpayar
2 cups pumpkin, cubed
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3-4 green chillies
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
2 tbsp grated coconut
- Soak red beans/ vanpayar in water and pressure cook it adding enough water and salt.
- In another pan cook the cubed pumpkin pieces adding salt and water.
- Grind the grated coconut along with cumin seeds, green chillies, garlic , turmeric powder and pepper powder.
- Add cooked red beans and ground coconut mixture to cooked pumpkin, mix well and cook for few minutes. Add water if needed and check salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add 2 tbsp grated coconut and fry it till brown. Add this to the curry and mix well. Serve hot with rice…