1/2 cup red beans/ vanpayar
2 cups pumpkin, cubed
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3-4 green chillies
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
2 tbsp grated coconut
- Soak red beans/ vanpayar in water and pressure cook it adding enough water and salt.
- In another pan cook the cubed pumpkin pieces adding salt and water.
- Grind the grated coconut along with cumin seeds, green chillies, garlic , turmeric powder and pepper powder.
- Add cooked red beans and ground coconut mixture to cooked pumpkin, mix well and cook for few minutes. Add water if needed and check salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add 2 tbsp grated coconut and fry it till brown. Add this to the curry and mix well. Serve hot with rice…
Sending to Kerala Kitchen Event hosted by Julie @ Erivum Puliyum
Erissery is an unavoidable memory..Isn't it ? Looks authentic Shabbu.
Wow looks mouthwatering….Makes a great combo with roti's and chapathi's…
looks yummy.. delectable..
lovely combo.. very delicious..
Wat a droolworthy thoran,mouthwatering here.
mouthwatering recipe. nice one
Lovely recipe. Inviting, healthy and mouthwatering.
Looks yummy dear.. 🙂
Healthy dish,my favorite love it.
lovely curry.Thanks for ur lovely comment and for following me.
Lovely pumpkin dish great with chapati/roti
very delicious yummy yum curry..love this combo very much:-)
Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)
2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom
sounds very healthy n filling curry, new to me…haven;t tried any legumes/beans with pumpkin…will try it sometime!
interesting recipe…never tried this 🙂
looks yummy & tempting