I used electric doughnut machine for preparing these donuts. Then used glace icing and sprinkled with coloured sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles and almond flakes..
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
125 gm butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat Doughnut machine.
- Combine plain flour, caster sugar and baking powder in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk in the butter, milk and egg until mixture forms a smooth batter.and transfer it to a jug or fabric piping bag.
- Spray doughnut machine with cooking oil and fill bases of preheated doughnut rings with half of the batter.
- Close lid and cook for 6 minutes or until doughnuts are golden and cooked. Using a non-stick spatula transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter to make 10 doughnuts in total.
For Glace Icing:
2 cups icing sugar mixture
2 – 2 1/2 tbsp milk
2-3 drops liquid food colouring
Decorations of choice
- Sift icing sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in enough milk to make a soft, spreadable icing.
- Divide icing evenly among 3 bowls and add a few drops of your choice of food colouring to each bowl. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle over cooled doughnuts. Sprinkle with decorations and set aside until set.
If you want Chocolate glace icing , reduce icing sugar mixture to 1 cup. Add 1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder. Sprinkle with decorations, if desired…