2 cups basmati rice
4 cups water
1 medium sliced onion
4-5 tbsp ghee
4 small pieces of cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
1 medium thinly sliced onion
few raisins and cashews
- Soak the rice in water for 15-20 minutes. Wash and drain the rice and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins and keep aside. Add 1 thinly sliced onion and fry until brown and keep aside for garnishing.
- Add remaining ghee in the pan, add cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves and saute for 2 minutes. Then add 1 sliced onion and saute until transparent.
- Add the drained rice to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add water along with salt to the pan, mix well and allow it to boil.
- Then lower the heat, cover the pan and cook until the rice is cooked.
- Switch off and keep the rice covered for few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fried onions, cashews and raisins and serve hot with chicken or mutton curry….