250 -300 gm fish , cut into medium pieces
1 big onion, sliced
4 green chillies, slit
1 tsp ginger crushed
1 tsp garlic crushed
1 cup grated coconut
3/4-1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp shallots, sliced
2 tbsp coriander powder
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 big tomato, chopped
tamarind, gooseberry sized
few coriander leaves
2 sprigs curry leaves
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Cut the fish into pieces , clean it and keep aside. Soak the tamarind in 1/2 cup water.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and roast grated coconut, fennel seeds, shallots and curry leaves until brown in low flame. Grind into a fine paste adding little water.
- Heat oil in another pan, add fenugreek seeds . When its colour changes, add sliced onions and green chillies and saute.
- Then add ginger and garlic and saute for few minutes.
- Add tamarind extract, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and boil it.
- Then add fish pieces and tomatoes and cook in medium flame.
- Now add ground coconut paste and water ( about 1 cup) along with curry leaves and coriander leaves. Cook for few minutes until the gravy thickens…. Serve hot…
Recipe Source: Ummi Abdullah