1 cup (250 gm) vanpayar/ red beans
1/2 cup unakka chemmeen /dried prawns
4 medium onions, chopped
3 medium tomatoes
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp red chilli flakes
- Soak red beans in water and pressure cook it by adding enough water and salt for 1 whistle.
- Dry roast the dried prawns in a pan for few minutes. Remove its head and tail ,wash it and keep aside.
- Remove the skin of tomatoes by placing it in a boiling water. Then chop it into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and chopped onions and saute till onion turns soft.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli flakes and saute for few minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes ,mix well. Add dried prawns and salt and stir well for few minutes.
- Finally add the cooked beans and stir well for 5 minutes. Serve hot with rice…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven Kairali TV