Black Forest Cake
Recipe Source: Madhurasrecipes
1 pint/ 2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- In a bowl, mix plain flour with cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Sieve it and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, take sugar and add eggs, oil and milk and beat together until sugar dissolves.
- Add dry ingredients (step 1) to this and mix well.
- Pour this chocolate cake batter in to greased 9″ baking pan.
- Bake at 190 degree celcius for 30- 40 minutes or until the toothpick/ skewers inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave it in the pan for 5 minutes and then turn the cake over to a wire rack to cool completely.
For whipping Cream Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, place heavy whipping cream. To this add icing sugar and vanilla essence and whip until soft peaks are formed.
For garnshing, take any chocolate bar and peel or grate it using a peeler.
- After the cake cools down, remove its top crust and then divide into 3 equal layers.
- Sprinkle cherry syrup or sugar syrup on all the chocolate cakes.
- Place one layer of chocolate cake on a serving plate/ cake stand and add a layer of whipped cream and spread it all around.
- Place another layer of cake and spread out one more layer of whipped cream.
- Now place the final layer of cake and gently press down. Spread the remaining whipped cream on top and all over the cake.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings over the cake and garnish with cherries………..
- Can also add cherries in between the cake layers…