2 1/2 cup basmati rice
4 1/2 cup water
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cinnamon sticks
1 onion, chopped
1-2 green chillies, chopped
For Egg Masala:
4 hard boiled eggs
3 onions, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves
1 inch piece ginger
4 green chillies
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
2 tbsp yoghurt
2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp garam masala/ biriyani masala
For Preparing Rice:
- Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes. Heat ghee in a pan, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and sliced onion and saute till transparent.
- Add drained rice and saute for 2-3 minutes in a low flame. To this add water and salt and cook till rice is done. Keep it aside.
For Omelette and Egg Masala:
- Beat 2 eggs adding 1 chopped onion, chopped green chillies and salt. Make an omelette using these mixture. Cut it into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Remove the outer shells of boiled eggs , cut it into halves or make slits.Keep it aside.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies together to a paste. Blend grated coconut with yoghurt to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onions and saute till transparent.
- Add ground paste and salt, stir well for 1- 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves and pepper powder ,mix well.
- Then add blended coconut-yoghurt mixture and garam masala and mix well. Check salt.
- Now add boiled eggs and omelette pieces, mix well to coat well with the masala.
- Take a cooking pan, apply little ghee at the bottom. Spread little cooked rice at the bottom layer, then add half of the egg masala.
- Now add another layer of rice over masala, followed by the egg masala.
- Spread rest of the rice as top layer. Sprinkle garam masala ,2 tbsp ghee and few drops of saffron milk (mix a pinch of saffron in 2 tsp warm milk -optional) over the rice.
- Close with tight lid and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fried onions, cashews, raisins and coriander leaves…Mix and Serve hot…
Sending to Eid Potluck Party @ My Culinary Adventures
Looks absolutely delicious !
Yummy recipe….love this.
Mirchi Bajji (mirchi ka pakora)
Tempting click…i am making this tonight!
Delicious dear…Like it..:)
wow…lovely preparation…..bookmarked it.
like this version..
Super tempting biryani, love it!
Looks so inviting.. love it!
Delicious and tempting dish Shabna.
Tempting biryani,looks so delicious,great preparation dear.
Tempting and irresistible biryani, inviting.
Egg biriyani looks delicious.
Egg biryani looks perfect and tempting…
looks so delicious….lovely clicks…
mouthwatering egg biryani..so Well made
Thank you all for your lovely comments…
looks so tempting…im hungry now