2 1/2 cup basmati rice
4 1/2 cup water
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cinnamon sticks
1 onion, chopped
1-2 green chillies, chopped
For Egg Masala:
4 hard boiled eggs
3 onions, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves
1 inch piece ginger
4 green chillies
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
2 tbsp yoghurt
2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp garam masala/ biriyani masala
For Preparing Rice:
- Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes. Heat ghee in a pan, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and sliced onion and saute till transparent.
- Add drained rice and saute for 2-3 minutes in a low flame. To this add water and salt and cook till rice is done. Keep it aside.
For Omelette and Egg Masala:
- Beat 2 eggs adding 1 chopped onion, chopped green chillies and salt. Make an omelette using these mixture. Cut it into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Remove the outer shells of boiled eggs , cut it into halves or make slits.Keep it aside.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies together to a paste. Blend grated coconut with yoghurt to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onions and saute till transparent.
- Add ground paste and salt, stir well for 1- 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till soft.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves and pepper powder ,mix well.
- Then add blended coconut-yoghurt mixture and garam masala and mix well. Check salt.
- Now add boiled eggs and omelette pieces, mix well to coat well with the masala.
- Take a cooking pan, apply little ghee at the bottom. Spread little cooked rice at the bottom layer, then add half of the egg masala.
- Now add another layer of rice over masala, followed by the egg masala.
- Spread rest of the rice as top layer. Sprinkle garam masala ,2 tbsp ghee and few drops of saffron milk (mix a pinch of saffron in 2 tsp warm milk -optional) over the rice.
- Close with tight lid and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fried onions, cashews, raisins and coriander leaves…Mix and Serve hot…
Sending to Eid Potluck Party @ My Culinary Adventures