Poriyappam is a snack usually prepared during Eid. It can be stored in a container and will last for few days.
1/4 kg Pori/ Puffed Rice
3/4 kg jaggery
3-4 cups of grated coconut
1 cup raw rice/ pachari
- Soak the raw rice in water for 2-3 hours.
- Grind the puffed rice/ pori into a fine powder and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add jaggery and melt it adding little water.
- Add the grated coconut , mix well and stir until it becomes dry.
- Mix the powdered pori into this and make small balls with this mixture.