This is the dry version of Gobi Manchurian……
1 medium cauliflower
3 tbsp plain flour/ maida
2.5 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp ginger- garlic paste
1 egg (optional)
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
2 onions, diced
5-6 cloves garlic, chopped
4 green chillies, chopped
1 capsicum, diced
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp chilli sauce
spring onions, for garnishing
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and put them in hot salted water for about 10 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, cornflour, egg,pepper powder, 1 tsp ginger- garlic paste, 1/4 tsp soy sauce and salt and make a batter adding little water.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and deep fry till golden brown and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies, coriander leaves and capsicum and saute well.
- Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, a pinch of pepper powder and salt and mix well. Add 1/2 cup water and mix well. ( optional- Mix 1 tsp corn flour in water and add to get a thick gravy)
- Add the fried cauliflower florets and stir well for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve…..
Badge from The Halal Foodie for participating Ramadan Friendly Recipes Event..