- Wash wheat and soak in water overnight. In a cooker, add it along with 5-6 cups of water and pressure cook till done.
- In another pan, cook bengal gram adding 2 cups of water and keep it aside.
- Mix cooked wheat and bengal gram together and add coconut milk, sugar, crushed cardamoms and salt and stir continuously in low flame.
- When it thickens like payasam, remove from the flame.
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry raisins and cashew nuts and add this to the prepared PaalChoru..Serve hot..
It is prepared using wheat, bengal gram and coconut milk – Ramadan special recipe. Taken this recipe from Vanitha Magazine..
1 cup skinned whole wheat
1/4 cup bengal gram (kadala parippu)
2 cups coconut milk
1 3/4 – 2 cups sugar ( add more if needed)
6-10 cardamoms crushed
few cashew nuts
2-3 tbsp ghee