1/2 kg pumpkin
3/4-1 cup toor dal
1 1/2-2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 green chillies
a small piece of tamarind soaked in little water
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Add toor dal, green chillies, turmeric powder and chilli powder in a pressure cooker and cook until soft adding enough water.
- Cut pumpkin into small pieces and add this into the cooked dal along with salt and little water and cook till done.
- Add tamarind extract (about 1 tbsp) and boil. Then add ground coconut paste and mix well. Simmer it for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat little oil in a pan ,splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour it over the curry..Serve hot with rice..