1/2 kg kakka Irachi / clams
1 cup shallots, crushed
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger, crushed
2 green chillies,slit
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp garam masala
- Clean the clams and cook them adding 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt and little water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add crushed shallots, curry leaves and salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute well.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Then add cooked clams and stir well until all the masalas coated well with the clams.
- Add grated coconut and mix well. Then add garam masala and few curry leaves and stir well for few minutes….Serve hot with rice…