1/2 kg boneless chicken, cubed or cut into strips
2 onions, sliced
2 green capsicums, cubed
3 green chillies
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 cup + 3 tbsp yoghurt
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken pieces with garlic paste, ginger paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, 3 tbsp yoghurt and salt and refrigerate it for atleast an hour.
- Grind tomatoes and green chillies together to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the sliced onions and fry till soft and keep it aside. Add capsicums and saute for 1-2 minutes. Keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add the marinated chicken pieces and fry till the chicken is soft and dry. Remove the chicken from the oil.
- Add chilli powder and the remaining marinade in the same oil and saute. Then add the chicken and water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup yoghurt, fried onions and the ground paste and cook till dry.
- Add the sauteed capsicums and cook for 1-2 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve…
Recipe Source: Aysha’s Kitchenette