1/2 cup dried prawns/ unakka chemmeen
1 cup grated coconut
3-4 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
small berry size tamarind
1 tsp oil
- Clean the dried prawns by removing its head and tail. Wash it in water and drain well.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the dried prawns for 3-5 minutes in medium flame. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in the pan and add shallots and dry red chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Grind the roasted dried prawns, shallots, dry red chillies, grated coconut, curry leaves, tamarind and salt together to a coarse mixture without adding water.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve as a side dish for rice…..