1 cup green peas
1 tomato, chopped
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powdr
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 tsp mustard seeds
- Soak the green peas in water overnight. Cook it in a pressure cooker with enough water and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and saute till transparent.
- Add green chillies ,ginger and garlic paste and saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Then add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and saute well for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
- Add cooked green peas along with its water (about 1/2- 3/4 cup) , mix well and boil for few minutes.
- Finally add the thick coconut milk and cook for 2-3 minutes. Check the salt..Serve hot with chapati,puttu, appam etc..