1 cup raw rice/ pachari
1 parboiled rice
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp fennel seeds
a pinch of cumin seeds
1/2 cup shallots, sliced
- Wash and soak raw rice and parboiled rice together in water for 3-4 hours.
- Grind them adding grated coconut, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, shallots, salt and enough water to a dosa consistency batter.
- Grease a round steel plate or bowl (kinnam) and pour the batter to the plate.
- Steam cook till done. Remove from the steamer and allow it to cool.
- Cut into any desired shapes and serve with any curry of your choice…