250 gm mutton
1-1 1/2 tsp pepper corns
4-5 green chillies
2 inch piece ginger
6-8 garlic cloves
2 big onions, chopped
2- 2 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
3 inch piece cinnamons
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp oil
1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Cut and clean mutton into small pieces.
- Grind pepper corns, green chillies, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves with 2 tbsp water to a paste.
- Marinate cleaned mutton pieces with ground paste, lemon juice and salt and keep it aside for 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add chopped onions and saute till light brown.
- Add marinated mutton, cloves and cinnamons and saute well.
- When oil starts appearing, add chopped tomatoes, coriander powder and turmeric powder, mix well and saute for few minutes.
- Add 1 cup water to this and pressure cook till the mutton is done.
- Open the cooker, if there is any gravy/ water, cook till all the water dries up and masala is well coated with mutton. Serve hot…
Recipe Source: Ummi Abdulla