2 cups basmati rice
1/2 kg prawns, cleaned with tails intact
2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
2 medium onions, finely chopped
3/4-1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp garam masala
1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/2-1 cup mint leaves, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 cup water
3 tbsp ghee or refined oil
- In a large pan, boil water adding enough salt. Add rice and cook until 3/4th done. Drain and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a wide pan, add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped onions and saute till transparent.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute till raw smell disappears.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and saute till soft. Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup coriander leaves, mint leaves and stir well.
- Add cleaned prawns and salt and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cup water and cook till prawns are done.
- Now add drained cooked rice and mix well. Add remaining coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix well.
- Switch off when it becomes dry and prawn masala is well coated with rice. Serve hot….
Recipe source: Magic Oven, Kairali T V