4 raw bananas
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt water (1 tsp in 1/4 cup of water)
oil for frying
- Mix turmeric powder with enough water in a pan or bowl and keep it aside.
- Peel the skin of the bananas and put them in turmeric water for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice the bananas into thin round pieces and dry them in a plate lined with kitchen tissue.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium heat and fry the sliced banana pieces in the hot oil without overcrowding them. Stir it occasionally flipping on both sides.
- When the chips are almost done, reduce the heat and sprinkle little salt water (about 1 tsp) into the oil carefully. ( Cover it with a lid immediately to prevent splashing).
- Remove the lid after a couple of minutes and fry till golden colour and crisp.
- Drain them on a paper towel and let it cool. Store in an air tight container.
- Repeat the same process with rest of the sliced bananas…