1/2 kg potato
1 small onion, chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp chana dal/ kadalaparippu
1/4 tsp asafoetida
3-4 dry red chillies
1 tbsp oil
- Boil potatoes adding salt, peel it and cut it into cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry till nice aroma comes.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute on medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and saute till soft. Then add turmeric powder, salt and asafoetida and mix well.
- Add boiled potato cubes and stir well. Add grated coconut and coriander leaves, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve hot with rice…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven, Kairali T V