10-12 okra/ vendakka, chopped into 1″ pieces
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
- Cook chopped okra in some salted water till soft and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, shallots and chilli powder into a coarse paste adding very little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add ground paste and saute for a minute. Then add okra pieces and tamarind paste, mix well and cook covered for 2-3 minutes. Adjust salt ..
- Remove from fire and serve with rice…
Recipe Source: Edible Garden