2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 tsp finely grated orange rind
1 cup strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius. Grease the muffin pans with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, add self raising flour, sugar and salt and mix together with a whisk.
- In another bowl, add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add the milk, egg and orange rind and combine with a beater or whisk.
- Combine dry ingredients (step 2), wet ingredients (step 3) and chopped strawberries and stir until ingredients are just combined – do not over mix the batter.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin pans and bake for 15- 20 minutes until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for atleast 10 minutes and serve….Makes 12 muffins.