Semiya Payasam is the easiest and delicious payasam to prepare. It can be served warm or chilled..
1/2 cup vermicelli
4 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar (adjust to your taste)
2 cardamoms, crushed
10-12 cashew nuts
1-2 tbsp ghee
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins till golden and keep it aside.
- Add vermicelli in the same pan and roast it till light brown and keep it aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add the milk and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- When it boils, reduce the heat and add the roasted vermicelli, mix well and cook until it becomes soft.
- Then add the sugar, stir well and cook till it dissolves and the payasam reaches the required consistency.
- Add crushed cardamom and stir well and garnish with fried cashew nuts and raisins. Remove from fire and serve warm or chilled…