Lovely and yummy cookies for kids………..
200 gm butter
200 gm powdered sugar
3 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg for egg wash
- Sift together plain flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add butter and powdered sugar and beat well. Then add egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Add sifted flour little by little and mix well and make a smooth dough using hand.
- Preheat oven to 160 degree celcius. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Take half portion out of the dough and roll it to a 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
6. Beat 1 egg and brush the cookies with egg wash.
7. Bake it for 15- 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Store in an air tight container….