This Chocolate Cake is for my daughter, Safa who celebrated her 6th birthday today…
150 gm butter
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp baking soda
125 gm dark chocolate
125 gm milk chocolate
2 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celicius. Grease and flour the baking pan and keep it aside.
- Mix cocoa powder with little water and make a paste. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add butter and powdered sugar and beat well until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat well. Then beat in cocoa paste and vanilla essence.
- Then slowly add plain flour and yoghurt-baking soda mixture ( Baking soda and yoghurt should only be mixed just before this step ) and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35- 45 minutes. Cool completely the cake before frosting…
- To prepare frosting, add dark chocolate, milk chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt it by double boiling method (placing the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water) or in a microwave. Pour the frosting over the cooled cake and spread evenly … Cut and serve…