1 1/2 cup plain flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup pistachio
- Chop half of the pistachio into rough pieces and pulse or grind remaining half into dry, coarse powder/paste and keep it aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Sift the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and oil. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated..
- Add dry ingredients (step 3 ), alternating with buttermilk and mix until just incorporated.
- Beat in the pistachio powder and fold in the chopped pistachio nuts.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly and serve…