For Coffee Flavored Cupcakes:
1 cup plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
100 gm butter
3/4 cup sugar, powdered
2 tsp instant coffee powder
1/4 – 1/2 cup milk
For Coffee Butter Icing:
50 gm butter
1 1/2 – 2 cup icing sugar
1 tsp coffee powder
chocolate strands for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line muffin cups with paper liners and keep it aside.
- Sift the plain flour and baking powder in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add butter and sugar and beat well using electric mixer till soft.
- Add eggs and beat well. Then add instant coffee powder and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix well using wooden spoon..Add milk as required to make a smooth batter .
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Bake it for 25 – 35 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool…
- In a bowl, add butter and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Add icing sugar little by little and mix well.
- Mix 1 tsp coffee powder with 4-5 tsp hot water and add 2 tsp of this to the icing and mix well.
- Spoon or pipe the icing onto cooled cupcakes and garnish with chocolate strands…