Masala idli is a tasty dish prepared with left over idlis. It is easy to prepare and can be served as a snack or breakfast item..
2 small onions, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 big green chilly, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp urad dal
3 dry red chillies
2 sprigs curry leaves
coriander leaves, chopped
- Cut idlis into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and urad dal. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped ginger and green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and saute. When its color starts to change, reduce the heat and add turmeric powder, chilli powder and asafoetida and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt and saute till soft. Add garam masala and water and cook until it thickens.
- Add coriander leaves and idli pieces and mix well till the idlis are well coated with masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot…..