2 cups basmati rice
3 cups of water
1 cup fresh green peas
1 cup baby corn, chopped
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
6 green chillies, chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
2 piece cinnamon
2 bay leaves
4-5 tbsp ghee
- Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan and saute cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and bay leaves.
- Add sliced onions and saute till light brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies and turmeric powder and saute well till the raw smell disappears.
- Then add the drained rice and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the green peas, chopped baby corn, coriander leaves, mint leaves and salt and mix well.
- Transfer this to a pressure cooker and add 3 cups of water and mix well . Cover and cook for 2 whistles. Switch off the flame. Open the pressure cooker when the pressure releases or after 10 minutes.
- Mix well carefully and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot…