Chemmeen Kadumbu is another popular dish in our area which is usually served as a main dish. This is similar to Kozhi Kadumbu, but the gravy is different….
For Kadumbu (Rice dumplings)
2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups of water
For Prawns Gravy
250-300 gm prawns, cleaned
1 large onion, thinly chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
4 green chillies
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2-1 tsp garam masala
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 -3/4 cup coconut milk
- For preparing kadumbu, first crush grated coconut, fennel seeds and chopped onion together.
- Boil water adding salt. Add this boiled water to the rice flour and mix well.
- Add crushed coconut and knead well to a smooth dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and slightly flatten it and steam cook in a steamer for 10-12 minutes. Keep them aside…
- To prepare the gravy, heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves, onion, ginger paste, garlic paste and green chillies and saute well.
- Add coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well for a minute.
- Now add cleaned prawns and salt and cook adding little water until the prawns are done.
- Then add the coconut milk and stir well.
- Add the prepared rice dumplings into the gravy, mix well and cook on low flame until the gravy is well coated with rice dumplings. Remove from flame and serve hot…..
very yummy recipe..
Yummy… kure kaalaayi ethokke kazhichittu…
Quite a new dish for me, fantastic dish..Loving that platter.
Flavorful and drool worthy dish,thanks for sharing.
Kadumbu? Hearing ths name fr the first time….we call it kozhipidi or chemmeen pidi or aanapathal,kakkarotti etc. The nly diff I cud c here is dat v add roasted coconut paste to the gravy
Ongoing Event-Back 2 School
In kasaragod area, we call it as kadumbu 🙂
This is a new dish to me.. Looks so yumm
Thank you all for your comments…