Chemmeen Kadumbu is another popular dish in our area which is usually served as a main dish. This is similar to Kozhi Kadumbu, but the gravy is different….
For Kadumbu (Rice dumplings)
2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups of water
For Prawns Gravy
250-300 gm prawns, cleaned
1 large onion, thinly chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
4 green chillies
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2-1 tsp garam masala
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 -3/4 cup coconut milk
- For preparing kadumbu, first crush grated coconut, fennel seeds and chopped onion together.
- Boil water adding salt. Add this boiled water to the rice flour and mix well.
- Add crushed coconut and knead well to a smooth dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and slightly flatten it and steam cook in a steamer for 10-12 minutes. Keep them aside…
- To prepare the gravy, heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves, onion, ginger paste, garlic paste and green chillies and saute well.
- Add coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well for a minute.
- Now add cleaned prawns and salt and cook adding little water until the prawns are done.
- Then add the coconut milk and stir well.
- Add the prepared rice dumplings into the gravy, mix well and cook on low flame until the gravy is well coated with rice dumplings. Remove from flame and serve hot…..