2 cups basmati rice
1 cup fresh green peas
50 gms fenugreek leaves
1 onion, chopped
1 green chilly, chopped
1/2 ” piece ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 pepper corns
1 cup thick coconut milk
3 cups of water
2 tbsp oil
- Wash the rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a thick pan and saute ginger, pepper corns and cloves.
- Add chopped onion and saute well. Then add green peas and fenugreek leaves and saute well for few minutes till soft.
- Add green chilly, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Now add drained rice and fry for a minute.
- Add coconut milk and water and stir well. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and cook covered till done. Remove from flame and serve hot …………