2 cups plain flour/ all purpose flour
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 large egg
For Glazing/ Icing:
1/2- 3/4 cup powdered sugar/ icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk (add according to consistency)
2-3 drops of vanilla essence (optional)
few drops coloring
To prepare the cookie dough:
- In a bowl, add butter, sugar and salt and beat well till creamy.
- Add vanilla essence and egg and beat well.
- Add flour and mix well and make a smooth dough. Cover and allow dough to chill for 1/2 hr in the freezer or 1 hr in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 325 F or 160 degree celcius. Lightly flour board and rolling pin.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Using cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes and place them on baking sheet.
- Bake them for 13-15 minutes until it turns pale on top and slightly golden on the bottom. Allow to cool before icing.
- In a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar and milk and whisk well.
- Add coloring of choice, and vanilla essence and whisk again.
- Using the back of a spoon, carefully ice the cookies and add sprinkles…Keep in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to one week…..