3/4 cup fresh green peas
1 big onion, sliced
1 1/2 cup basmati rice
4 green chillies
1/4 cup coriander leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves
1/2″ piece ginger
2-3 small piece cinnamon
1/4 tsp sajeerakam
4 tbsp ghee
- Wash the basmati rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- Grind green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves and ginger together and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add sajeerakam, cloves and cinnamon. Add sliced onions and saute well till transparent.
- Add ground paste and saute well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add drained rice and fry for a minute. Then add 3 cups of water and mix well.
- Add green peas and salt and stir well.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and cook covered till done. Remove from flame and serve hot…