Wishing all my readers and friends a very happy and prosperous new year….
Today’s recipe is a colorful confetti cupcakes – white cupcakes with vanilla flavour and colorful rainbow sprinkles, topped with vanilla buttercream frosting and sprinkles…
Recipe Source: Baking Bites
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
3 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
For Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2- 2 cups icing sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites, vanilla extract and almond extract and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Add butter and beat at low speed until mixture is coarse and sandy.
- Add milk mixture (step 2) and beat at medium speed for 1 1/2 -2 minutes and stir in sprinkles.
- Divide the batter evenly into prepared muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting…
- Beat butter for 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Gradually add icing sugar on low speed until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Add vanilla extract and milk and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with prepared icing and add sprinkles on top…..