Wishing all my readers and friends a very happy and prosperous new year….
Today’s recipe is a colorful confetti cupcakes – white cupcakes with vanilla flavour and colorful rainbow sprinkles, topped with vanilla buttercream frosting and sprinkles…
Recipe Source: Baking Bites
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
3 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
For Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2- 2 cups icing sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites, vanilla extract and almond extract and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Add butter and beat at low speed until mixture is coarse and sandy.
- Add milk mixture (step 2) and beat at medium speed for 1 1/2 -2 minutes and stir in sprinkles.
- Divide the batter evenly into prepared muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting…
- Beat butter for 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Gradually add icing sugar on low speed until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Add vanilla extract and milk and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with prepared icing and add sprinkles on top…..
i've the sprinkles sitting in my pantry and so badly want to make these… so tempting…
cupcakes look vey yumm. so tempting that I want to take one out of the screen.
On-going event: Healthy vegetarian side dishes.
Thank you friends 🙂