2 cups raw rice
1 karikku/ tender coconut
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
- Soak raw rice in water for 4-5 hours.
- Grind the rice along with 1- 1 1/2 cup tender coconut pulp and tender coconut water to a dosa consistency batter and keep it aside for 4-5 hours.
- Then add baking soda, sugar and salt and mix well. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan, pour a ladleful of batter on the centre of the pan and spread it with the back of ladle to a small round.
- Cook it covered in a medium flame for a minute or till it gets cooked (no need to flip). Remove the appam from the pan and repeat the same with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with any spicy curry or chutney….