Hi friends and readers,
Hope everyone is doing well.. I am back..Had to take a small break for my delivery..Alhamdulillah we have been blessed with a baby boy, Shayaan, born on February 20th. So now I am a busy mom of 3 kids 🙂 .. I have got many recipes in my drafts, InshaAllah I will try to post them on coming days…
Today is my daughter, Safa’s 7th birthday..She wants a butterfly cake, so I made this Tutti Frutti Butterfly Cake for her with the help of my two little girls..
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake:
Recipe Source: The Chef and her Kitchen
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar, powdered
1 cup yoghurt or curd, beaten
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup tutti frutti
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celcius..Grease and flour 8″ round baking pan and keep it aside. (Here I used a round pan and a small rectangular pan)..
- In a large bowl, beat yoghurt until smooth. Add sugar to it and beat again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the yoghurt mixture and mix well. Keep it aside for 2-3 minutes till it becomes frothy.
- Add vanilla essence and oil and mix it nicely and gently and make sure that the air in the mixture is not lost.
- Add the flour in two batches and gently fold the flour into the mixture until you get smooth dropping consistency.
- Mix tutti frutti with 1 tsp of flour in a small bowl. Add this tutti frutti to the cake batter and fold it nicely.
- Pour this batter to the prepared tin and bake it for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the tin from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack..
BarakAllah feek on the new addtion dear… do enjoy ur period… the cake looks really good… In fact, I had baked this cake a couple of weeks ago with cardamom in it and it vanished, not leaving me even a click!!! wishes of the day to ur daughter…
Congratulations on the arrival of your little one and hearty birthday wishes to your daughter..the cake looks delicious
Congrats,Shabna..God bless d li'l one..Safa's cake looks supercute.. yumm 🙂
Congrats a tonne on the arrival of your baby and a beautiful b'day wishes to your daughter…. busy mom… keep cooking tasty foods….
Congrats welcome back dear. Super cake
Thank you dear friends for your wishes and comments 🙂