2 cups corn puttupodi ( I used double horse corn puttupodi)
1 cup grated coconut
Water as required
- Mix the salt in water and add this water little by little to the corn puttupodi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps.
- Take a puttu maker and layer it with grated coconut first, then the puttupodi and then the grated coconut again. Repeat the process till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot…