2 cups plain flour/ maida
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar, powdered
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 small egg
3/4-1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup jam (I used strawberry jam)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Sift the plain flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar , mix well and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and beat well using an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
- Add vanilla essence and beat well. Then add oil and buttermilk and mix well.
- Add flour- sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp prepared batter evenly among the muffin pans. Then add 2 tsp jam into the centre of each pan and top with 1 tbsp batter.
- Bake it for 25-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack and serve…