2 cups basmati rice
4 cups water
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
4-5 green chillies, finely chopped
1/4 cup carrots, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup potato, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup cauliflower, chopped
1/4 cup beans, chopped
1/4 cup fresh green peas
1 small tomato, finely chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2-1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 piece cinnamon
1 star anise
2-3 tbsp ghee
few fried cashew nuts and raisins
few coriander leaves
- Wash the basmati rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamon and star anise and saute.
- Add chopped onion and saute well till transparent.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Then add coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add chopped carrots, beans, cauliflower, potato and green peas and saute well. Add chopped tomato and mix well.
- Then add drained rice and fry for 2 minutes. Add 4 cups of water and salt and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and cook covered till done.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts, raisins and coriander leaves and serve hot…