2 cup padavalanga/ snakegourd, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup cherupayar parippu/ moong dal/ green gram dal
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
3 slit green chillies
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp oil
- Chop snakegourd into small pieces.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds into a smooth mixture and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add dal, chopped onion, green chillies, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and cook till soft adding enough water.
- Add chopped snakegourd into the cooked dal and cook till done.
- Then add ground coconut mixture and mix well. When it starts to boil, switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the prepared curry..Serve hot with rice…
Traditional and delicious side dish
my favorite curry anytime…
Thank you dear friends…