1 medium chicken, cut into small pieces
2 big onions, thinly sliced
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
20 shallots, sliced
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp crushed pepper
1- 1 1/2 tbsp kasmiri chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp fennel powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup water
- In a bowl, add cleaned chicken pieces, ginger paste, garlic paste, crushed pepper, kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, fennel powder, 1 big onion finely chopped, shallots and salt and mix well with hand. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, add marinated chicken and 1/2 cup water and cook covered till done and masala is well coated with chicken. Switch off the flame.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add sliced onions and little salt and fry till golden brown. Remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan with little oil, add the chopped tomatoes and curry leaves and saute well till soft.
- Then add the cooked chicken with its gravy and mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring in between.
- Finally add the fried onions and mix well for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and add coriander leaves… Serve hot..