1/2 kg fish, cut into slices
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 cup basmati rice/ jeerakashala rice
3 1/2 cup water
4 big onions, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
5-6 green chillies
8-10 garlic cloves
2 ” piece ginger
1/2 cup coriander leaves
few mint leaves
1 tsp garam masala
2 piece cinnamon
2 1/2-3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp ghee
- Wash and drain the rice. Boil the water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and 1 sliced onion and saute till transparent.
- Add drained rice and saute for 4-5 minutes in a medium flame. Add boiled water and salt, cover and cook on low flame till rice is done.
- Clean the fish pieces and marinate it with chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Crush ginger, garlic and green chillies together.
- Heat oil in a pan, add marinated fish pieces and shallow fry slightly on both sides and keep it aside.
- In the same pan (add more oil if required ), add 3 sliced onions and saute till transparent.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and green chillies paste and saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt and saute well till soft.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix well.
- Then add 1/2 tsp garam masala and fried fish pieces. Gently mix until the masala coats the fish and cook covered for 3-4 minutes in low flame.
- Add cooked rice on top of the prepared fish masala.
- Mix little yellow food color with lemon juice and sprinkle over the rice. Add 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tbsp ghee, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Close with a tight lid and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fried onions, raisins, cashew nuts and coriander leaves and serve hot…..