1/2 kg mutton, cut into pieces
4 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tsp garlic, crushed
6-8 green chillies, chopped
1 ” piece cinnamon
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
10 cashew nuts, soaked in little water
few coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp ghee
4 shallots, chopped
- Heat 1- 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add crushed ginger, garlic, chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, coriander powder, chilli powder and salt and saute well.
- Then grind this mix and marinate it with cleaned mutton pieces. Transfer it to a pressure cooker and cook till done.
- Grind grated coconut and cashew nuts together adding little water.
- Add this ground coconut mixture to the cooked mutton, mix well and cook for few minutes in medium flame. Adjust water and check salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in another pan and fry the chopped shallots till golden brown. Pour this over the curry and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot…